Will a 07 WR450 Exhaust fit a YZ426F 02

12 replies to this topic
  • the_trademark

Posted May 27, 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hi, I was wondering if this type of exhaust(muffler) will fit on my 426 2002. I think its from a WR450 07 couse i googled the YMS400B part number that its written on it. I want to change mine couse its really banged up.

Pics of the exhaust: http://img08.prodava...3_1_800x600.jpg http://img09.prodava...3_2_800x600.jpg

Edited by the_trademark, May 27, 2014 - 01:38 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 27, 2014 - 03:05 PM

NO

• the_trademark

Posted May 27, 2014 - 03:43 PM

But is it completley uncompaniable or can i sqeez it in with small modifications?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 27, 2014 - 05:13 PM

Different motor

Different frame

Different subframe

I don't know how far off it is.

• MaxPower

Posted May 28, 2014 - 05:40 PM

Are you looking for a yz426 exhaust?

• the_trademark

Posted May 29, 2014 - 03:03 AM

I have an alternative already if this one doesent fit one bit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • the_trademark

Posted June 03, 2014 - 02:25 AM

So i bought the exhaust and it fits perfectly. No modifications, no remaking. Just switched the grephite gaskets from the old one to the new and everything fitted perfectly. The sound is completley different. But now I have the feeling that the bike has less power but im not sure. Maybe I think this becouse its less noisy. Is it posible to realy lose power from somethnig with the new exhaust?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 03, 2014 - 04:58 AM

So i bought the exhaust and it fits perfectly. No modifications, no remaking. Just switched the grephite gaskets from the old one to the new and everything fitted perfectly. The sound is completley different. But now I have the feeling that the bike has less power but im not sure. Maybe I think this becouse its less noisy. Is it posible to realy lose power from somethnig with the new exhaust?

Really?

So it's just a muffler, not the full exhaust then.

I was unable to find a 426 header that fit from another year

• 2_wheels_r_better_than_4

Posted June 03, 2014 - 07:42 AM

Would the yz426 be too big for second bike? I have a ttr230 right now and it's just not close to enough power.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 03, 2014 - 10:16 AM

Would the yz426 be too big for second bike? I have a ttr230 right now and it's just not close to enough power.

Please don't piggyback on someone elses post

This question should be posted in the 'what bike?' forum

• the_trademark

Posted June 04, 2014 - 05:07 PM

yes. withouth the header. i left the original one. i changed it becouse the old owner has fliped the bike and it was all bent up and noisy. it was just a hollow aluminium pipe. i think it was not the original one. now the new one is perfect. it has a very melow sound and got rid of the bangy metal sound. got rid of the hissing from missing hex screws. but im still not sure if it has lost some power. maybe i just cant get used to it.

• the_trademark

Posted June 06, 2014 - 03:32 PM

now im sure for the power loss becouse today i went for a ride and before i could pop a wheelie in 4th no problem and now it struggles.

Edited by the_trademark, June 07, 2014 - 04:34 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 06, 2014 - 03:38 PM

If the pipe is stock it will reduce power. 

You can add a 'gytr' tip to the pipe that will remove the 'pea shooter' plug in the end.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.