Phoenix trip

2 replies to this topic
  • Tim

Posted January 16, 2002 - 04:47 AM

Hey Boys,
I have a 5 day trip planned for next month to be in the Phoenix area for some riding. Does anyone have any jetting recommendations for me? Usually I ride about 500ft above sea level, this is my first time out west on the dirt bike. The guy I am going to visit out there says we will be riding from anywhere between 700 and 11,000ft above. Does anyone have some suggestions what jets to bring with? Any help would be much appreciated. My bike is a 2000 426. Also, anyone interested in meeting up out there for a ride? He sais something about riding the national enduro loop for a day, he said some parts are pretty tough. Is that true?
Thanks
Tim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ400Court

Posted January 16, 2002 - 07:18 AM

I'd think 2 down on the main would be good for Phoenix, you may want to move the needle down 1 also. Bring your full coverage skid plate, and full coverage hangaurds also. The national enduro area is 6" wide trails covered in "baby head size" rocks, lined with cactus, on the sides of mountains. Too tough for me, but great fun for guys in better shape (read: i'm too fat for that). There are some really fun "C" trails in that area too. Check out az trail talk, there are some good ride reports from that area there.
http://www.singletra...gi/YaBB/YaBB.pl

• F-Pilot

Posted January 16, 2002 - 04:38 PM

I wonder if you mean 1100 not 11000. I don't know of any riding at 11000ft in Az. Elevation around Phx is 1000ft to 3000ft unless you travel to Prescott or Flagstaff.
I ran stock jetting for along time in my '00 426 here, never had a problem. Didn't change it until I did the BK mod.
Court is right, the enduro loop is tough, if your not good on tight, rocky singletrack with lot's of hills tell him to take you to the "Towers". Much easier and less rocks. If your bike is stock you will suffer on the enduro loop, well, maybe ok for the C loop.
I helped cut most of the trails for the enduro, I may even know your friend. Let me know when your coming, I'll tag along if I don't have a race that weekend.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.