Dunlop D739A/T or Maxxis IT ?

7 replies to this topic
  • redmanrandyed

Posted January 20, 2004 - 03:00 PM

I have pretty much narrowed the selection for a rear tire for the BRP to either a Dunlop D739 A/T or a Maxxis IT. Does anyone know from experience which one is better wearing, traction, etc.?? I mostly ride medium to hard terrain.

Thanks in advance :)

Redmanrandyed

• Kritter

Posted January 20, 2004 - 03:26 PM

After 2 739s I swtiched to the Maxxis IT and will not go back! I have a race and 2 rides on the maxxis and it wears like steel whereas I only got 3 rides out of a 739!

• Rokatt88

Posted January 20, 2004 - 03:32 PM

Welcome to the Club! Ben there & Done that. Maxxis IT's are good bang for the buck! If ya gotta fat wallet then Dunlop will love you. They are great tires, but head to head & dollar for dollar it's Maxxis! :)

• ThunderChicken

Posted January 20, 2004 - 04:20 PM

maxxis it all the way. plus you will loose a finger trying to mount that &%$#@!en dunlop.

i have a kenda carlsbad mounted right now. it has two races and a practice ride on it. i'm very happy with the way it's wearing and it hooks up pretty good.

now due to price, wear, and hookup (in that order) i buy either the kenda carlsbad or the maxxis it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted January 20, 2004 - 04:46 PM

I'm another Maxxis IT fan (price/durability/hookup) :)

...but, the Barum IT from Barnums worked OK as well. Those Dunlops sure get pricy after a while.

• irondude

Posted January 20, 2004 - 09:57 PM

I am a 739AT fan, but i gotta admit-the second rear we used in the last Baja 500 was the Maxxis IT-it held up very well. I have heard of some chunking issues with em however...
Why are the freakin Dunlops so expensive?! Almost as bad as the Michelin Desert....

• redmanrandyed

Posted January 21, 2004 - 06:55 AM

Maxxis IT it is....Thanks guys! :)

• qadsan

Posted January 21, 2004 - 08:24 AM

...but for me, I had to run my Maxxis IT at a lower than normal pressure before I liked it, so experiment with tire pressure if you don't get the hookup you expected.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.