2001 YZ426F with 2002 YZ250 Hinson clutch?

No replies to this topic
  • Allseasonrider

Posted May 24, 2014 - 03:44 PM

Guys my son just bought a 2001 YZ426F that has a Hinson clutch on it and we had a few questions. The back of the Hinson clutch plate cover says YZ250 2002 on it so I'm guessing they must be interchangeable.

how many clutch plates should be on this bike? This one has nine clutch plates.
We're not sure if that's correct or not

The clutch plates all still have fiber to them but the outermost plate does show a little bit more wear. None of them look totally worn out.

The reason we tore into this today was because he had noticed a little of what felt like clutch slippage while in fifth gear and then in third gear later in the day.

Also if someone could share the torque specs for the six clutch spring bolts that would be appreciated.

This bike is totally new to me so any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.