PLEASE HELP header melting case

4 replies to this topic
  • 241yz450f

Posted May 24, 2014 - 03:27 PM

I have a 2007 yz450f that I had bought a fmf power bomb header and powercore 4 muffler. Bike runs great and has been jetted and tuned. However the power bomb header they sent me was just about resting on my engine case and over time has started to melt the engine case. I have tried heat tape just melts right through anyone have any ideas other then bending the header or dinging it?

• LiamRM212

Posted May 24, 2014 - 03:47 PM

Pics? I would think a little ding with a rubber mallet would do. I know you said other than dings but its the best way to go if you ask me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 241yz450f

Posted May 24, 2014 - 03:51 PM

The bike is at my dads house cause I live in an apart, ent but I couod post pics tomorrow but I just really hate to ding it wont that affect the flow affecting the performance?

• 241yz450f

Posted May 24, 2014 - 03:53 PM

Alot of people have told me it could be running to lean ut I really dont think that is the case

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 24, 2014 - 05:01 PM

You have installed the header wrong

You need to tighten the header bolts LAST after installing the entire system, so the pipe will pull the header into alignment.

If you tighten them first, it will pull the header in the wrong direction.

Not sure how the header heat can melt a cast engine casing.....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.