BRP Triple Clamp Set Questions

2 replies to this topic
  • Pooley

Posted May 24, 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hey folks I just had a bad day of prepping for next week's ride and I damaged my lower triple clamp on my 01 WR426 trying to remove a shot lower bearing.  Apparently the lower triple has been discontinued from Yamaha so I am looking at getting a set from BRP.  There are several options on their website that I do not quite know what to pick and that's where I'm hoping you can help.

Here is the link: BRP Triple Clamp Set

The options that I am unsure about are the height and position.  What height and bar position is closest to stock, and how do the different bar position settings affect riding:

• Bar mount height.  1.240, 1.360 or 1.640?
  • Bar position.  15mm or 21mm

Thanks for the help.  I need to get this ordered ASAP or next weekend will be a bust.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted May 24, 2014 - 10:14 AM

I just saw a YouTube video and learned that the steering stem can be pressed out of the lower triple clamp.  I had thought it was all of a unit that couldn't be separated. The steering stem was what was actually damaged during my maintenance today trying to remove the lower bearing so now all I really need is the stem.  The manual said to use a chisel and basically pry off the old bearing..."Taking care to not damage the steering shaft". 

Can I use a non OEM stem like the one from BRP with the stock clamps or do I need the entire BRP setup?

BRP Steering Stem

Thanks

Edited by Pooley, May 24, 2014 - 10:18 AM.

• flyandride

Posted May 25, 2014 - 06:23 AM

I just looked on ebay and there are several sets of triple clamps for your bike. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.