2014 YZ450F EXHAUST SYSTEMS.

Brand Yoshimura

86 replies to this topic
  • Drenmaster

Posted April 09, 2015 - 02:16 AM

I just fitted a FULL DR D NS 4 after using a full yoshi for 6 months on my YZ 450 2014

Didnt like the yoshi with the silencer insert, removed that & was way better sounding & power. Is however very abrupt of the bottom, too abrupt in fact mainly out of corners, (stock maps).Also think the yoshi build quality was poor. Where the first join is from the engine, vibrates to the point ive had to re weld the little lug that holds the join in place. Both joins dont seal properly even aft sealing them the hi temp gasket cement, TI syst.After about 30 hrs

Someone PLS  tell me you can remove the silver DR D silencer, (already removed spark arrestor) & how ?

First ride with the silencer in, thought was worse than stock. Felt all chocked up & like it added no benefit !

You can not remove the spark arrestor on the ns4. it is welded in. you could cut the screen but then it would be permanently removed. The stock pipe has better low end. but almost too powerful, the Dr.d seemed to be better mid and top. 

• wes513v

Posted April 09, 2015 - 04:20 AM

You can not remove the spark arrestor on the ns4. it is welded in. you could cut the screen but then it would be permanently removed. The stock pipe has better low end. but almost too powerful, the Dr.d seemed to be better mid and top.

Not so. The spark arrestor comes as a separate piece with the pipe and is replaceable by removing the single screw in the end of the pipe. What he is referring to, I believe, is the next piece that appears in the tail of the pipe that the same screw goes through. After looking at it more closely I think this is actually the internal baffle that runs the length of the canister and can't be removed.

• grayracer513

Posted April 09, 2015 - 06:22 AM

The spark arrestor in the DRD systems subtracts nothing from the power output in my experience.  In, out, can't tell the difference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 03yzf450-kuke

Posted April 09, 2015 - 11:34 AM

No one use jingle exhausts on there bikes? They look and sound great!
Hindle** damn spell check

• Envisage

Posted May 04, 2015 - 05:39 AM

Tried some of the DR D maps, one or two seemed better on a hard pack track at cool temperatures

Went back to my home track, (sand) warmer temperatures, (same settings) & was like it had a stutter in it & actually ran worse than stock.

Anyone know what the stock mapping/fuel  is for a YZ 450 2014 model ? presuming its in the manual somewhere but couldn't find it

• grayracer513

Posted May 04, 2015 - 06:10 AM

Stock mapping for all EFI YZ's is all zeros.

• Envisage

Posted June 17, 2015 - 03:21 AM

Im currently running this mapping on my YZ 450F 2014, although is still to abrupt/aggressive off the bottom. Any suggestions on how to smooth/mellow this out ?

Full DR D exhaust, sand tracks mostly, & racing in & around the 20 degree mark

Fuel                                                                              Ig

+2

+2

+2

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

Related Content

Forums
Photo

What is the loudest aftermarket exhaust/muffler for a 09 crf230f by 230REVHEAD

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

What Yoshimura exhaust is this? by espacef1fan

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  37 replies
Forums
Photo

Modifying RS-4 to fit under rear fender by MotardManiac631

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

So, which team does Grant sign with this week? by cjjeepercreeper

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yoshimura Franchise Kit by JP Sporty

Exhaust Full System Exhaust Yoshimura Franchise Kit, Brand Yoshimura
  • * * * * -
  • 1 review
  • Last review by nsky
  • On October 21, 2016

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.