2014 YZ450F EXHAUST SYSTEMS.

Brand Yoshimura

86 replies to this topic
  • YZ450F2014

Posted June 04, 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi

I am about to mount the FMF slipon muffler. Wonder if I am suppost to use the clamp from the stockpipe or no clamp at all?

• grayracer513

Posted June 04, 2014 - 09:41 AM

Typically, aftermarket mufflers do not use clamps.  The way to tell is by whether the end of the pipe that fits over the header is slotted or not.  No slots to allow the pipe to clamp? No clamp!

• YZ450F2014

Posted June 04, 2014 - 02:01 PM

Typically, aftermarket mufflers do not use clamps.  The way to tell is by whether the end of the pipe that fits over the header is slotted or not.  No slots to allow the pipe to clamp? No clamp!

Thanx!

Have anyone got any maps for the FMF muffler, send me a message please =)

• motojase316

Posted June 04, 2014 - 07:01 PM

Thanx!

Have anyone got any maps for the FMF muffler, send me a message please =)

Yeah I am keen for that too

• Kman444

Posted June 05, 2014 - 09:50 AM

I just went with the full Yosh system. I'll give you guys my opinion after first ride.

• mmcdan

Posted June 06, 2014 - 04:01 PM

I've used the Yosh, FMF and DRD systems to date and like the Yosh system the best overall. Make sure and pull out the quiet insert as it makes a big difference power-wise. Didn't notice much in the way of added sound but it's new so we'll see after the silencer breaks-in. Also, it's the cheapest system with deals between $500 (ebay) and $550 (RMATV) out there.

The DRD was OK but the silencer looks cheap (e.g. small decals, canister looks like something from a Chinese bike) compared to the others and did melt my boot as mentioned above. The old-school squared-off canister also blocks the rear fender bolts so you have to remove the silencer to change your fender.

FMF was fine, didn't notice too big a change from stock. System looks good on the bike and it held up well. Didn't really like the clip system for the exhaust side number plate but its a small gripe.

Check MXA for fuel map suggestions for aftermarket pipes. I used one of theirs and it worked out well.

I have the two full systems (FMF and DRD) that are in relatively good condition (no dents) that I will donate to anyone that wants to try them before dropping $700 for shipping costs and a small handling fee.

Does anyone sell replacement heat shields for these pipes? I can't believe Lightspeed or other doesn't make a replacement for the stock shields.

• motojase316

Posted June 07, 2014 - 02:35 AM

I just went with the full Yosh system. I'll give you guys my opinion after first ride.

Please give us your thoughts asap. I Ordered an FMF but it is delayed, and my mind was set on the Yoshi so It would be good to hear your opinion.

• YZ450F2014

Posted June 07, 2014 - 09:28 AM

I've used the Yosh, FMF and DRD systems to date and like the Yosh system the best overall. Make sure and pull out the quiet insert as it makes a big difference power-wise. Didn't notice much in the way of added sound but it's new so we'll see after the silencer breaks-in. Also, it's the cheapest system with deals between $500 (ebay) and $550 (RMATV) out there.

Hi,

How does the Yosh system affect the powercurve?

• caucho

Posted June 07, 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hellow from Spain!!!  I have a YZ 450 2014.

I just bought the full exhaust system Yoshimura RS4. Someone could give me the fuel map suggestions for aftermarket pipes (MXA).

Thanks GRACIAS AMIGOS!!!!!

• YZ450F2014

Posted June 08, 2014 - 10:42 AM

this was a good article to read before you buy a exhaust system - http://motocrossacti...0f-exhaust-pipe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gaz929

Posted June 08, 2014 - 01:12 PM

I'm sticking with the stock pipe as heard pro riders trying different ones and switching back to the original one as the bike didn't feel as responsive.

I think yamaha have done a good job with the 14 exhaust.

• swaldrop

Posted June 09, 2014 - 06:53 AM

I'm sticking with the stock pipe as heard pro riders trying different ones and switching back to the original one as the bike didn't feel as responsive.

I think yamaha have done a good job with the 14 exhaust.

Word

• mmcdan

Posted June 09, 2014 - 09:14 AM

Hi,

How does the Yosh system affect the powercurve?

My comparison is probably not apples-to-apples as I've had cam work performed by Crower so it has a power band that is a bit different than stock. On my motor, the Yosh seemed to provide a noticeable boost throughout the power band but really shines up top. It's the best top-end pipe we have used on this motor.

• YZ450F2014

Posted June 09, 2014 - 09:27 AM

My comparison is probably not apples-to-apples as I've had cam work performed by Crower so it has a power band that is a bit different than stock. On my motor, the Yosh seemed to provide a noticeable boost throughout the power band but really shines up top. It's the best top-end pipe we have used on this motor.

Hi

Ok thats what I am looking for.. I think it is a little bit mellow on the top-end. I wonder if it will have the same effect on a stock bike..

• Kman444

Posted June 09, 2014 - 11:34 AM

The DRD was OK but the silencer looks cheap (e.g. small decals, canister looks like something from a Chinese bike) compared to the others and did melt my boot as mentioned above. The old-school squared-off canister also blocks the rear fender bolts so you have to remove the silencer to change your fender.

FMF was fine, didn't notice too big a change from stock. System looks good on the bike and it held up well. Didn't really like the clip system for the exhaust side number plate but its a small gripe.

Check MXA for fuel map suggestions for aftermarket pipes. I used one of theirs and it worked out well.

I have the two full systems (FMF and DRD) that are in relatively good condition (no dents) that I will donate to anyone that wants to try them before dropping $700 for shipping costs and a small handling fee.

Does anyone sell replacement heat shields for these pipes? I can't believe Lightspeed or other doesn't make a replacement for the stock shields.

What map are you running with your Yosh system?

• YZ450F2014

Posted June 11, 2014 - 12:58 PM

Hi,

I have runned the FMF PC4 slip-on and tryed a few different mappings. 

the map that I liked the most is stock ignition and the fuel look like this:

+ 3 + 3 + 4

+ 3 + 3 + 4

+ 3 + 3 + 4

The bike gets more agressiv and gets more power on top end.

• mmcdan

Posted June 11, 2014 - 04:27 PM

What map are you running with your Yosh system?

I used the suggestions in the MXA article found here:

http://motocrossacti...4-yamaha-yz450f

Haven't done much tweaking on it as it seems to work fine.

• motojase316

Posted June 20, 2014 - 09:18 PM

Trying the FMF 4.1 ti slip on tomorrow. One benefit already... half the weight of stock.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1403327903830.jpg

• Drenmaster

Posted June 22, 2014 - 06:26 AM

so i got the Dr.D NS-4 from Denaki, nice pipe, pain to install but once you take a break from the frustration it was not to bad. Honestly this bike has so much power it is hard to tell if the pipe makes a difference. it is definitely lighter and looks good after being polished. 

I was surprised how quiet the pipe is, Had a Dr.d before on a '09 yz250F and it was loud even after a fresh repack. The spark arrestor is still installed, i tried to pull it out but it is in there pretty good. 

Anyone have some tips of pulling he arrestor out on the NS-4? 

• Harryh

Posted June 22, 2014 - 07:04 PM

Could one of you guys with the Yoshi's post a pic of it on the bike please?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.