2001 WR426 tusk enduro kit issue

3 replies to this topic
  • papadrew

Posted May 23, 2014 - 12:13 PM

Whats up guys? New to dirt bikes and thumpertalk! Stoked to join.

Installing a new tusk dual sport kit on an 01 WR426 and I'm coming across a problem. My OE headlight runs off the stator I believe as A/C current. Being that I'm making it street legal as well I need to have low and high beam. Question is, can I get a high beam output on my OE light with A/C current or do I need to switch it to D/C output. Thanks ahead for any advice

• flyandride

Posted May 23, 2014 - 05:11 PM

The OE light has a high and low but the bike doesn't come with a switch.  The connector to the headlight only has 2 wires, only the low is working.  You'll have to get a high low switch and a headlight connector, they're cheap at auto parts stores.  And do the wiring.  You don't need DC to run a headlight or tail light.  But I've never found a way to make a horn work well on AC and finally converted mine to an all DC system with a small lithium battery. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • papadrew

Posted May 25, 2014 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the Info bro, it is appreciated! I'm going to try to button up the bike up soon!

• XbigXredX

Posted May 25, 2014 - 08:58 PM

I have a similar question..
I'm considering morphing my '04 CR125 into a street legal supermoto. I can't find a higher output stator for my bike so I'm thinking of taking the LED rout for lights with even maybe a small battery. (I won't really ride it much at night anyways) Do I just need to install a universal regulator and a universal rectifier or universal regulator/rectifier unit to get DC power to run LEDs? Any flaws or concerns I probably overlooked?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.