High pressure radiator cap?

8 replies to this topic
  • msliker22

Posted May 22, 2014 - 09:02 PM

My 07 yz450f sprayed coolent out of the cap after about 3 minutes of running it I was told maybe a high pressure cap might fix this anyone had this problem or any ideas on what to do

• Tro1086

Posted May 22, 2014 - 09:11 PM

Sounds like there is some other problem, a high pressure cap would just be a band aid.

• suzuki son of a bitch

Posted May 22, 2014 - 09:41 PM

A boyeson water pump kit would solve your problem

• highmarker

Posted May 22, 2014 - 09:50 PM

3 min of riding or 3 min of idling?   was the radiator filled or level set just above the fins? 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 23, 2014 - 06:51 AM

3 min of riding or 3 min of idling?   was the radiator filled or level set just above the fins? 

Both important questions. 

• msliker22

Posted May 23, 2014 - 12:33 PM

I was rippin her up and down the road when it happend could there maybe be a clog some were in it becuse the guy that owned it before caught a rock and busted the water pump cover and instead of getting a new one he just silaconed the crap out of it I have bought and replaced the cover and gasket since owning it though

• grayracer513

Posted May 23, 2014 - 01:16 PM

You can easily enough check for free flow by running water through each radiator and the engine with the system opened up.  But what you might more likely find is that you have a leaking head gasket.

• msliker22

Posted May 23, 2014 - 03:57 PM

Cool thanks guys

• schrode

Posted May 23, 2014 - 04:03 PM

high pressure caps are the best way to get a blown water pump seal.  if you're constantly boiling then get a fan, for a blown cap i'd look for a blockage or head gasket issue.

just my .02

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.