2006 WR450F. Speedometer Calibration

2 replies to this topic
  • condor74

Posted May 22, 2014 - 02:22 PM

Does anyone know how to calibrate the speedometer on a WR450.  Mine seems to read very low.  I have only had it up to 40 mph a couple times and It seems like I am doing closer to 60mph.  I need to find a way to check it and correct it.  If it is really as far off as it seems, this would throw off the odometer too and I use that more than the speedometer. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • condor74

Posted May 22, 2014 - 02:48 PM

I think I figured it out.  I have actually been searching for the answer for a while on this but never posted anything about it.  In case anyone else wants to know or is having similar issues the way to calibrate the stock speedometer on a 2006 WR450 is hold down slc1 and reset for 2 seconds.  It will bring you to a speedometer calibration page.  From the factory it should read 100.0C.  That is 100% or 0 correction.  You can fine tune it by making runs with a GPS and getting it to match by moving it up or down from 100.0  Incedently mine was set at 65.0 which would be 65% of total error assuming that 100% is correct for me.  That would mean that when I ran my bike up to 42 MPH on the gauge, I was actually doing 65 MPH.  That is about what it felt like.  

I hope this helps others.   

• 1trackmind

Posted May 22, 2014 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the info.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.