YZ250F seat for a 2011+ WR450F ?

3 replies to this topic
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted May 22, 2014 - 11:27 AM

How interchangeable are the YZ250F seats on the WR450F ?

I want to replace the seat on my WR with a tall model.  I'd rather get a complete seat rather than refoam/cover my existing seat.   Will the 2010-11 YZ250F seat fit my WR ?

Thanks.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted May 23, 2014 - 05:52 AM

Anyone ?

Nobody seems to make a WR specific seat.   What other Yamaha seats will fit the WR ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted May 24, 2014 - 08:29 AM

I borrowed a friend's 2010 YZ250F seat to test fit on my WR450F. 

It does not fit.  The cleats that hold the seat to the sub frame are designed differently and in a different spot and the button that holds the seat to the tank is in a different spot as well.

It appears that the only way to get a tall seat for a WR450F is to recover a stock WR seat pan.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 24, 2014 - 11:43 AM

WR needs WR seats

SDG makes a seat

Guts Racing and Seat Concepts make foam and cover kits (your pan)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.