2001 WR 400 Rebuild.... HELP

1 reply to this topic
  • ABurnsy895

Posted May 21, 2014 - 06:52 PM

So I'm the new guy....

Bought a 2001 WR 400 last summer from a good reliable friend. naturally made the mistake of trusting that fluids were topped up and took it out and seized it up.(yes I know my fault, but I'm 19 and learning the hard way.)

Finally getting around to fixing it and I've got it all apart and laid out and it's seized at the connecting rod bearing. I'm pretty sure the crank and connecting rod will need replacing because of scoring but I can't get it apart to give it the one-over. 

does anyone know how to get the con rod off? it appears like it's press fit and I cannot seem to figure out a way to get the crank, flywheel, connecting rod and piston off. 

thanks in advance everyone. 

Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lemke88

Posted May 22, 2014 - 09:49 AM

You're going to need to use a hydraulic press. There is no way you'll be able to do it by hand.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.