09 yz450f header pipe?

1 reply to this topic
  • TexasHavoc

Posted May 19, 2014 - 08:21 PM

I just got this bike and the guy I got it from said it has a dr.d header pipe and a fmf silencer. Im pretty sure its a dr.d header because I cant get the oil filter off without removing the header. Im thinking about switching it for a fmf mega bomb. Ive read the dr.d does the best tho. How does the fmf compare? Is it worth the headache to keep the dr.d?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hoosier-Daddy

Posted May 20, 2014 - 05:54 PM

I don't know about the fmf system but I do have a full Dr.D system. It is a tight squeeze to replace the filter. I take the mounting bolt out of the silencer and pry up ever so gently on the header to get the filter cover bolts out. I have done this multiple times and have had no problems.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.