throttle too sensative?

3 replies to this topic
  • ratom98

Posted May 19, 2014 - 06:34 PM

never thought i would complain about a throttle being too easy to twist, but when i start to get some arm pump and throttle and clutch control become a little less accurate, the super easy and responsive throttle gets a little sketchy on jump faces. anything i can do to make it a little harder to twist? this is on a 2011 yz450 btw

• slowgs2001

Posted May 20, 2014 - 01:28 PM

I cannot recommend anything to make the actual grip twist with more effort, but wade at injectioneering can make all that jumpiness disappear. I got that mod done, and that's the first thing I noticed. No more jumpy jittery throttle. Smooth roll on power

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jenkins525

Posted May 20, 2014 - 03:17 PM

I cannot recommend anything to make the actual grip twist with more effort, but wade at injectioneering can make all that jumpiness disappear. I got that mod done, and that's the first thing I noticed. No more jumpy jittery throttle. Smooth roll on power

I had the same issue with my yz450f....if you have the tuner you can dial down the settings to a softer response. I have mine set for wet mud conditions, it helps the hard hit out of a turn. You will get use to it. I might add I also changed my gearing for woods riding. Good luck ....

never thought i would complain about a throttle being too easy to twist, but when i start to get some arm pump and throttle and clutch control become a little less accurate, the super easy and responsive throttle gets a little sketchy on jump faces. anything i can do to make it a little harder to twist? this is on a 2011 yz450 btw

see my post below...

• DanielMerrick

Posted May 20, 2014 - 05:52 PM

When I jumped on my 14 this year I found the same thing, ITs almost like have wisky throttle, almost, I just loosened the cable a touch so it wasn't so sensitive until I get the throttle body mod done

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.