Yamaha WR 450 seems to idle fast once it gets hot

2 replies to this topic
  • Fantazein

Posted May 19, 2014 - 11:21 AM

Yamaha WR 450 seems to idle fast once it gets hot and sits in traffic for a while any ideas how to overcome this

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dhilt

Posted May 19, 2014 - 12:37 PM

I noticed the same thing yesterday on my ride, but it was after 2-3 hours of riding.  Are you talking about right after it warms up, or after riding it for a good long while?  I am sure other folks on here may have a solution but I wondered if the idle adjustment screw vibrates a little after a long ride.  I readjusted mine and it seemed fine after that.  I will follow this thread and see if anyone else has any ideas.  

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 19, 2014 - 03:24 PM

Your carb takes a while to get hot.

My WR takes about 10 min, and my CRF takes about 20. 

Once fully hot, properly adjust your fuel screw, starting with the lowest possible hot idle, turning the fuel screw to get max (desired) idle.

Next time you go to start it, you will notice the idle is too low......until it gets hot again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.