Yz426 hesitates half throttle

4 replies to this topic
  • Klim1972

Posted May 19, 2014 - 09:08 AM

I recently picked up a 01 yz426 all stock and well maintained but recently out riding for first real amount of time I noticed at half throttle it hesitates pretty bad. Any ideas what it can be maybe fuel screw adjustment? Oh and only thing I forgot to say is no top on air box other than that all stock

• grayracer513

Posted May 19, 2014 - 09:23 AM

The YZ's had no top on the air box.

When it's "hesitating", is it acting "blubbery" and loaded up, like the choke was still on, or like it's gasping, running out of gas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gameraddikted

Posted May 19, 2014 - 05:10 PM

How does it act at WOT? I had a hesitation problem only at around half throttle. Grayracer is right there is no top. The only thing above the filter is the seat. With mine I had my service guys adjust the jets and I now use Lukas ethanol treatment during each fill up and I no longer experience any hesitation. Could be something else entirely though. Best of luck.

• Klim1972

Posted May 19, 2014 - 05:24 PM

I took carb apart and cleaned it pilot was pretty gummed up probaly from sitting and I richend it up a little on mixture screw so far seem perfect so keep fingers crossed . Other thing I wonder is should I try to run higher gas then super in it

• grayracer513

Posted May 20, 2014 - 05:37 AM

No, just pump premium.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.