2013 WR450F Clutch noise

25 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted May 20, 2014 - 05:28 PM

Everyone kept saying how awesome the 500 xcw was. Did the handling suck?

Everyone talked about it, but no race team could make it work back then.

I don't like the 'mountain bike' type handling of the KTM's. Too busy, no feel of the rear wheel, and you really have to drag your rear brake often to stay in control, or it high sides. 

POS in my opinion.

• suzuki son of a bitch

Posted May 20, 2014 - 06:33 PM

Every test rider and people i know say the same. Terrible handling and awkward feel

• MyersAvionics

Posted May 21, 2014 - 06:38 PM

So i found the issue tonight... the rubber mounts on the skid plate came off and the vibration from the the bolts was reverberating up the sides and making the noise. Soon as you pulled the clutch in, it would dampen the vibrations and cause it to quiet down. Glad it was something so dumb, but i never would have guessed it'd make that kind of sound. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 23, 2014 - 10:56 AM

Skid plates are notorious for that kind of thing, in fact.  Especially the aftermarket ones.  Had one make sounds like the crank was dragging on the cases once.  The owner couldn't believe it until we took it off and the noise was gone.  Inner tube rubber on the frame rails fixed it.

• Chaconne

Posted May 23, 2014 - 06:20 PM

Everyone talked about it, but no race team could make it work back then.

I don't like the 'mountain bike' type handling of the KTM's. Too busy, no feel of the rear wheel, and you really have to drag your rear brake often to stay in control, or it high sides. 

POS in my opinion.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: You are going to bring more orange skidmarks to a lot of underwear around here even in a blue forum. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Orange zealots swarm like killer bees you know... 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 23, 2014 - 08:37 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: You are going to bring more orange skidmarks to a lot of underwear around here even in a blue forum. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Orange zealots swarm like killer bees you know... 

Yes, like Bees. Not Hawks, Condors, Eagles, but annoying little Bees. 

That's pretty much what KTM's actually are. Annoying little insects.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.