Looking to replace my DRZ400SM, offered a WR426f

1 reply to this topic
  • raimondi1337

Posted May 17, 2014 - 12:16 PM

My roommate totaled my DRZ400SM last weekend. I found a guy that wants to trade my slightly beat up SV650 for a street legal WR426f.

Think I could put the 17" wheels from my DRZ on it?
His turn signals and taillight are connected to an auxiliary batter that he charges with a battery charger or solar panel, is this normal? How hard would it be to wire signals into the stator?
I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam, think it would be livable to kick over and ride as my DD or for long highway trips?

Finally, I took it for a test ride and it power wheelied in 2nd very easy, unlike my DRZ, but the mid range felt really anemic. Normal for the tall gears or carb issue?

Here's a link the to ad: http://rochester.cra...4474168624.html

Edited by raimondi1337, May 17, 2014 - 12:21 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HutchWR

Posted May 18, 2014 - 12:03 PM

I would not trade the DRZ for that I just sold a 2001 DRZ400e for 2500 and picked up 2006 WR450 for 3300. There is no doubt that the WR is a better bike then the DRZ. I think you could get a newer wr450 for that price. That is just my opinion. Good luck on a seach. unless you have to have turn signals I would go with out. Hand signals people see better anyways.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.