2014 Motor mount relocation

32 replies to this topic
  • yam 3

Posted May 16, 2014 - 07:25 AM

Anyone tried Dr.D's relocation kit on the 2014?

• Denaki

Posted May 17, 2014 - 04:46 PM

Want to know also, I have the 90" front tire, 20mm triple clamps and Dr D rad. Lowering kit. Loven it now but, what if the motor relocation makes it even better. Almost pulled the trigger today and bought it.

• motojase316

Posted May 18, 2014 - 02:55 AM

Want to know also, I have the 90" front tire, 20mm triple clamps and Dr D rad. Lowering kit. Loven it now but, what if the motor relocation makes it even better. Almost pulled the trigger today and bought it.

I am keen to try it too, what is the story on the tire size?

• Denaki

Posted May 18, 2014 - 07:33 AM

I am keen to try it too, what is the story on the tire size?

Wider front tire gives bigger foot print and is a little heavier, helps keep frontend planted better.

• Denaki

Posted May 18, 2014 - 11:59 AM

Just ordered one!

• yam 3

Posted May 20, 2014 - 05:24 AM

KEEP US POSTED!!!!!

• Gaz929

Posted May 21, 2014 - 10:08 AM

Never heard of this guys? Someone shed some light on it please!

My front end needs sorting out as it tends to wash-out mid turn.

• grayracer513

Posted May 21, 2014 - 10:27 AM

Move forward on the bike. 

• ratom98

Posted May 21, 2014 - 12:30 PM

don't think there is one for the 14, they moved the neck and the front of the frame back for 14, which achieves the same thing as the relocation kit did

• CZRoger

Posted May 21, 2014 - 01:12 PM

http://www.dirtrider...relocation-kit/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TenCrows

Posted May 21, 2014 - 01:18 PM

I don't understand, when the engine weighs 70 pounds, why moving it forward three millimeters is supposed to do more to improve the handling than my moving my 180 pounds forward an inch on the seat, maybe by having my bars mounted forward a little bit, or something.

Something doesn't add up. 

Edited by TenCrows, May 21, 2014 - 01:19 PM.

• grayracer513

Posted May 21, 2014 - 01:41 PM

My thoughts exactly.

• zeuszuki

Posted May 21, 2014 - 09:12 PM

I don't understand, when the engine weighs 70 pounds, why moving it forward three millimeters is supposed to do more to improve the handling than my moving my 180 pounds forward an inch on the seat, maybe by having my bars mounted forward a little bit, or something.

Something doesn't add up. 

"sarcasm starts" What, can you do that! I might start a thread on it... "sarcasm ends"

• Mtrain730

Posted May 22, 2014 - 04:22 AM

So do you guys that don't buy into this feel that any difference that moving the weight slightly forward would not be noticeable or that there is just other ways too achieve this. It's funny because a lot of the people that install these kits swear by them and say its very noticeable. People have such a wide variety of opinions I find it interesting some say huge difference some say a little some didn't seem too notice much and others believe its completely snake oil. I think it's safe too say on some level how ever small it does off set some weight to the front so I guess the question should be is there a appreciable difference how ever small it might be or is this the same thing as saying I put a quarter on my front fender now I have more weight over my front tire. I'm just curious in your opinion if people are really feeling this even if I might not at my skill level. Please explain if you will. Thanks. It's interesting to me.

• crf917rider

Posted May 22, 2014 - 05:49 AM

My bike is bone stock and its the best handling bike ive ever owned and ive had alot.... It was differnt at first but man the faster u go the better it feels. I have my bars in the forward position

• Mtrain730

Posted May 22, 2014 - 06:08 AM

By the way my previous post I was more directing my comments on the engine relocation kit to the 2010-2013 not just because I own one but because I'm sure people have more experience with the engine relocation on this bikes rather than the 14 even though I guess the same questions could apply to the 14 even though I'm sure people have much less experience and time testing these.

Edited by Mtrain730, May 22, 2014 - 06:10 AM.

• swaldrop

Posted May 22, 2014 - 06:26 AM

I had the kit on my '11 and installed it with very few expectations as to the benefits it would provide. I was shocked with how much I did feel it improved the bike. It didn't turn a bike I hated in to one I loved. I already liked the biked. It did make be feel a bit more confident in it though which in turn, allowed me to loosen up and go faster. The area where I noticed it most was on corner exit, one place specifically on a track I ride a lot was very noticeable. Again, not night and day, but worth the $150.

Placebo? Real improvement? Doesn't matter. I went faster and had more fun on the bike after install. I am a believer.

• crf917rider

Posted May 22, 2014 - 07:17 AM

This thread is about the 14

• swaldrop

Posted May 22, 2014 - 07:26 AM

This thread is about the 14

Yeah, thanks for steering this ship back on track... 

I have a '14 and have not installed the kit, however the post I made is still very relevant.

• crf917rider

Posted May 22, 2014 - 12:11 PM

For a 10-13 but the 14 is a totally new bike that already has the motor moved foward so speaking to what worked on the 10-13 dosent apply to the 14 i would like to know if someone has tried it on the 14 though. Mine works great with no mods i just got used to it no wiggle at all

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.