Help, will forks from 99 yz400 fit on a 01 yz426?

3 replies to this topic
  • YZ Yankee

Posted May 15, 2014 - 01:53 PM

Forks, yz426, yz400

• grayracer513

Posted May 16, 2014 - 06:19 AM

Should bolt right up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ Yankee

Posted May 16, 2014 - 08:52 AM

Should bolt right up.

Thanks for the reply. You're posts have been greatly appreciated over the years. I've pulled apart the shocks on the 426 a couple times, changed springs, oil weight / type, level..just didn't feel as smooth and spongy as the ones on the yz400.
Any recommendations on how to revalve them. I ride wood , rocky single track, hill climbs, weigh 195.

Edited by franktcasas, May 16, 2014 - 08:53 AM.

• YZ Yankee

Posted May 16, 2014 - 08:55 AM

Thanks for the reply. You're posts have been greatly appreciated over the years. I've pulled apart the shocks on the 426 a couple times, changed springs, oil weight / type, level..just didn't feel as smooth and spongy as the ones on the yz400.
Any recommendations on how to revalve them. I ride wood , rocky single track, hill climbs, weigh 195.

Also changes all the bushings and seals.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.