Idle adjustment

6 replies to this topic
  • msliker22

Posted May 14, 2014 - 10:56 PM

I have a 07 yz450f and it's idling way high anyone know were exactly the idle adjustment is on the carb?

• VetRacer75

Posted May 15, 2014 - 01:13 AM

It will be the largest obvious screw might have a knerled outer head to make it easy to adjust with your fingers, turn it in to raise idle, with a spring on it from memory, not the small one.

• grayracer513

Posted May 15, 2014 - 09:53 AM

The large slotted screw in this picture, above the red circle:

Be sure you check the throttle cables to make sure they are not hanging up on something and changing the idle as you turn the bars.

IMG_0632.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hoosier-Daddy

Posted May 15, 2014 - 05:54 PM

Wouldn't a stuck open hot start cause way high idle also.?.

• msliker22

Posted May 15, 2014 - 08:59 PM

Is that hot start pretty important to use?

• jjk

Posted May 16, 2014 - 06:25 AM

Wouldn't a stuck open hot start cause way high idle also.?.

That has been my experience. Happened to a buddy of mine last sat. The hotstart was stuck partially open and the idle was high. He pulled the hotstart from the carb, cleaned it and the idle went back down. May be worth checking....

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted May 16, 2014 - 07:20 AM

I use the hot start frequently once bike is warm. Pull it, kick, release it, fires right up.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.