Front fork seal leaking

5 replies to this topic
  • msliker22

Posted May 13, 2014 - 01:40 AM

My front fork is leaking I have never changed a fork seal before was wondering if it is something I need to be worried about right now and needs to be fixed before I ride and how bad are they to change and what might I be looking at money wise thank you all

• rogo1

Posted May 15, 2014 - 01:51 AM

is it weeping or leaking? if I have a weeping (losing a little oil) fork seal I will use a seal doctor to clean the sealing surface, if its leaking (a lot of oil) it time to replace. rocky mountain atv mc has a good vid if you are gonna tackle this yourself

• msliker22

Posted May 15, 2014 - 08:14 AM

It's barley leaking what's good to use to re seal it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hoosier-Daddy

Posted May 15, 2014 - 06:00 PM

You probably need new seals and wipers. It is fairly easy if you are mechanically inclined. There are plenty of YouTube videos that cover it. Yamaha makes a great manual. There is a bushing kit available too if those are shot too.

• msliker22

Posted May 16, 2014 - 12:36 AM

Thank you all ure all a huge help I have had so many questions in the last few days and all have had answers and solutions thumper talk fackin rules!

• rogo1

Posted May 17, 2014 - 04:23 AM

if its only weeping I would use a seal doctor or seal mate to clean them. cheap, simple, and doesn't take any time at all, couple of minutes at best.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.