2000 YZ426F - Clutch?

No replies to this topic
  • hondaman450x

Posted May 12, 2014 - 01:20 PM

Ok, so I ended up crashing this bike back in July of 2012 while trail riding in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I hit a tree stump on the side of the road and ejected.....ended up with a severe concussion and a shattered tib/fib in my left leg. Needless to say, the bike has sat until recently while I recovered and saved some funds to fix it.

I knew something was wrong with the clutch when we got the bike. When cold, it would engage smoothly like regular. When hot, it would grab and catch viciously no matter how slow you let the clutch out and jerk very bad. After taking out the clutch, I found that one of the plates spline gears was loose from being pressed in. I was able to buy a whole complete clutch from EBay for $65. I put everything together according to the manual. Everything was checked out, I put new plates and springs in there. When I hooked up the clutch cable to the arm on the case, there is too much slack and the arm moves back and forth with 0 tension. Is there something I missed while putting it back together? Both cables are the same size. I never took that arm out of the other side of the case where the cable connects. Feed back? HELP!!!

Edited by hondaman450x, May 12, 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.