Don't hate me, 2000 yz 426 throttle issues

1 reply to this topic
  • daraj315

Posted May 12, 2014 - 11:16 AM

So I recently purchased a 2000 yz 426. The guy claimed it has abig bore kit on it, but that was all he said. Now when I went to moon rocks it was great! But every time I Crack open the throttle it dies. If I roll it on it reacts just fine though. So I did what any other self respecting guy would do and searched the internet for mods to cure this problem. I did the BK mod and it did absolutely nothing at first. I got the timing to just miss the slide and the duration to .5 seconds. So I assumed it might be my air/fuel screw. I took it two turns out and it messed everything up! It had no reaction to throttle till it was about a quarter open. It barely ran. So now the fuel screw is out about 3 1/2 turns. It's still doing the same thing, but only when I'm riding it. I can't even roll the throttle on anymore. I'm so confused!! Also I put my needle at three notches from the top, it was at 5. Elevation 5000ft. Temp 70°. Please excuse my stupidity. Help me....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thommo_400f

Posted May 12, 2014 - 09:12 PM

It's all in the jetting...
Patience and methodical tests is the way to go.
Get a new pilot jet.
Check the o-ring on fuels screw as they perish or can be split or missing.
Set everything to stock and test from there. Set the fuel screw by the stickies from William.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.