Has anybody put the snap FMF in their 2012

4 replies to this topic
  • kevin wr

Posted May 11, 2014 - 11:16 AM

I would like to know if it works

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 11, 2014 - 02:35 PM

It works:

It effectively makes the throttle body slightly smaller, speeding up the airflow and giving you more power with less throttle

It does not increase overall power.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kevin wr

Posted May 11, 2014 - 03:49 PM

Is it worth the money

• zotis777

Posted May 11, 2014 - 03:57 PM

No, build your own, it's pretty easy

• Alstar450

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:19 PM

I'm not 100% sure if it works by "smoothing out airflow" (i.e turbulence) or like Koolaid said, by effectively reducing the size of the intake, but either way, increasing intake velocity by either means is a way to increase low end response but will not increase overall power. The increase in velocity will help with part throttle and low-mid response as a way to flow more air below the high rpm/ WOT range, where the only thing that will make more power is increasing outright flow (CFM).

I'd play with EFI mapping to get that desired response, or try an make your own as Zotis said before shelling out that kinda $$$. I've been trying to work on wet weather maps to smooth out the bottom as my bike is super responsive off the bottom as it is.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.