Wr400f doesn't like rain

2 replies to this topic
  • xy500

Posted May 07, 2014 - 11:10 PM

G'day,
So I have a 2000 model WR400f, that I use on the street.
It has this problem where if it gets rained on, it runs terrible until the bike dries out. It seems as though something electric is being shorted as the bike behaves as if it has very weak spark. It will backfire a lot and won't want to idle. I have to keep feeding throttle and the bike becomes like a bucking bull.
I'm wondering I anyone else has had this issue before and can point me at anything specific, before I pull apart everything ignition related to trouble shoot.
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted May 08, 2014 - 06:46 AM

It's a maintenance issue

You have to pull the plastics and clean and dielectric grease all the wire harness connections

• xy500

Posted May 10, 2014 - 03:14 AM

So, how will putting goop inside a sealed and glanded connector help?

I changed the kill switch for a honda style one with a rubber boo tie. Seems to have resolved the problem for now

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.