2012 + Front Disc Covers?

4 replies to this topic
  • Alstar450

Posted May 07, 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hey guys.. So I'm looking to put a front disc cover on my 2012 WR450 and haven't been able to find anything but the Acebis Spider Evo with the metal bracket. I'm already looking for ways to shave weight so the idea of a metal mount isn't appealing to me. The Lightspeed carbon fiber one from GYTR says ot works for both 08+ YZ450's and the 12+ WR, but no one else's can confirm that when cross referencing model #'s. I also have a 07 YZ450 and I know the 08+ disc covers are different. Do any of you guys run an all plastic cover, or know which one will fit? I like the Cycra version and am about to just order the one for 08+ YZ's and hope for the best. Thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 07, 2014 - 06:37 PM

A full cover system can cause your brake fluid to over heat and your pads to burn up, unless you ride mostly flat terrain.

The Carbon fiber cover will disintegrate in one fall/rock as well.

It's aluminum or nothing.

The '08 YZ can be made to fit, as they use them in AU all the time for mud.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vlxjim

Posted May 07, 2014 - 08:23 PM

I have the Acebis X-Brake and its not as bad as you think. It replaces the stock spacer. so your just adding the little flat plate with threadserts. It fits great.

• Alstar450

Posted May 07, 2014 - 08:48 PM

Thanks Kool aid. I've always run them and have had zero issues... I run big brake kits too and don't want even the stock rotors to take a beating.

• Alstar450

Posted May 07, 2014 - 08:50 PM

I have the Acebis X-Brake and its not as bad as you think. It replaces the stock spacer. so your just adding the little flat plate with threadserts. It fits great.

oh ok, that's good to know. I will run one in lieu of going without it, but if The Cycra or similar works then I'll do that. Thanks for the info though

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.