GPS Mounting

3 replies to this topic
  • Tom14911

Posted January 18, 2004 - 06:59 PM

OK, got the power thing down. Now, with the mount that I have from Magellen (for my sportrac)it seems that the vibration is shutting off my machine. Its actually doing really wierd things to it. I was at Cow Mountain today and it worked fine in my pocket. Who has built a good vibration dampening mount?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 19, 2004 - 05:51 AM

Tom, this place has just about everything you'll ever need for your GPS... The have a great reputation too.... Good luck..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SEB416

Posted January 23, 2004 - 08:54 AM

Hi Ihad the same problem with a Garmin and got a gps mount from Touratech usa great finish and very goon product..I'm just coming from my second rally of 04 and had no prob with the gps mount

good luck

• ddialogue

Posted January 23, 2004 - 10:48 AM

I had the same problem with my Garmin gps using a ram mount on the bars. The ram mount is dampened but not enough to keep my unit from shutting off. I applied drops of silicone to the battery door to keep the batteries from shifting and that fixed the shut off problem. Currently, I use a custom-built power supply running off the battery (in my bike) to power the gps. It's gone over 2500+ miles on the bars with no ill-effects. Touratech makes great products, just not within my price range. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.