Will this tire size work?

3 replies to this topic
  • travertt

Posted May 05, 2014 - 11:24 AM

I gave my old 04 WR450 to my son...the rear tire Maxxis IT, is getting close to the end of its useful life...its 110/100/18

I have a "spare" tire kicking around. a Michelin S12 XC (cross competition) but its a 130/80/18...

Will this run OK from a sizing perspective,or am I pushing some limit? 

It will be used for mostly lower speed woods riding...lots of mud bogs, roots and rocks.  Your typical, fairly gnarly east coast stuff.

Not wanting to start a debate about what the best tire would be.....just asking if the sizing differences might pose any technical or safety/handling issues.

Thanks everyone.

• Spiritwalker2222

Posted May 05, 2014 - 12:24 PM

Those tires are the same size. Michelin's tire sizes are messed up. Both of those tires are the recommended sizes for my WR.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted May 05, 2014 - 01:40 PM

Yup

• travertt

Posted May 06, 2014 - 05:33 AM

Just to confirm...I am assuming woods-rider, that your "Yup" means....yes its OK to use the 130/80/18 tire

NOT..."Yup" ..it does pose a technical/safety/handling problem.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback.  Amazing that a major manufacturer can be so far off in reporting standardized technical data.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.