Fender pack

6 replies to this topic
  • MrBlahh

Posted January 18, 2004 - 05:43 PM

Anybody have any recomendations for a basic fenderpack setup?

I want to carry the minimum tools for trail riding, and spare plugs for me and the kids.

Dont really want to use a fanny pack, would rather have something mounted to the rear or front fender. I have landed on a fanny pack before and I didnt enjoy it.

I also need to get a hydration setup before summer rolls around, do they all come with icepack setups? Or only the tusk hydropack?

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 18, 2004 - 05:50 PM

http://www.dirt-bike...istic_bags.html

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 18, 2004 - 05:50 PM

I have the moose fender pack and hate riding hard with it so I put it in a fanny pack most of the time. Check out this link for the same fanny pack on project WR450 on MXoffroad.com:
http://www.off-road..../index.html#dbg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tctrailrider

Posted January 18, 2004 - 07:07 PM

I have a Moose fender pack that works well. It has clips that attach to the fender lip, holds well, no holes to drill.

• HaremScarem

Posted January 19, 2004 - 02:18 AM

Another vote for "Dirt Bike Gear" rear fender Bag. Get the KDX model. It's a perfect fit and size.

• gratefuldawg

Posted January 19, 2004 - 02:54 PM

I have a moose rear fender pack sitting in a box in my garage because I hated it. If you ride hard it will get in the way back there, plus it is hard on your tools, even in a moose tool wrap it knocked all the plating of my craftsman tools. I would be more than happy to sell you mine.

• YamaGeek

Posted January 19, 2004 - 05:21 PM

I've got one on the back fender. Chase Harper. Works well, bolts on, you can see in my icon. Couple things as mentioned. It's a bit big and will thrash your tools unless you pack something (tshirt) in with everything to keep it from jumping around. When you do that it does pop you in the arse when you get moving around. I also notice that when I get tired or mounting the bike from below the wheels I struggle swinging my leg over top the the damn thing. It adds about 5 inches above the seat when stuffed :) If I weren't over six foot tall I don't think I could. All in all its better than wearing a fanny pack. Done the crash and burn with them and it does hurt. Don't believe I could live with the pack on the front fender. Would upset my sense of "correct" vision. Like to have never got used to bark busters :D Yeah I'm anal. I've also tried carrying the tools in my camelback and couldn't stand the noise and clanking around. Guess the rear bag is the best of the evils. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.