Help! kickstarter wants to fly back up

3 replies to this topic
  • twansac23

Posted May 04, 2014 - 07:31 AM

I have a 2010 yz 450 I recently had the bike lock up do to the timing skipping a tooth from a loose chain. I put a new timing chain on and respeced the valves everything appears to be at the bottomend of the tolerence scale for the bike but when i got to kick it the engine turns but the the kickstarter flys back up at about 100 miles an hr feel like it wants to break my leg on way up. Any suggestion on why it would do this would be greatly appreciated completely stuck never had this problem before

• AFelix

Posted May 05, 2014 - 01:48 PM

Compression not working properly?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twansac23

Posted May 08, 2014 - 04:16 PM

decompression seems to be okay flipped the timing 180 degrees and now it will roll over twice and then on the third kick it will almost seems like it fire and then kickback but the motor won''t start or run i really could some help im lost

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted May 20, 2014 - 06:26 PM

This might be a stupid question but you aren't giving it gas while kicking are you?

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  131 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.