Rekluse Issues WR450

4 replies to this topic
  • ozbogan

Posted May 03, 2014 - 06:25 PM

I installed the Z start pro model into my 07 wr450f. The install was a breeze and after the initial break in I couldn't be happier. I rode 40miles without an issue. Then the following day 20 minutes into an enduro the clutch began slipping excessively to the point that the bike was unridable. I tore it down at home to find a burnt out clutch. I replaced the friction plates and doubled checked my work and even used Rotella T 15w40 as recommended by rekluse. Today Ive been riding it on the street and the issues are as follows.

1. Idle has to be set very low or else I cannot shift between gears

2. There is no manual clutch over ride whatsoever 

Im at a loss as to what the problem is. Any help would be great. 

• tscoville

Posted May 04, 2014 - 10:16 PM

Whats up man,

I just installed one of the exp 3.0 in my kawi, and im sure its a lil dif setup then what you got, but is your free play set correctly on your clutch lever?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KcDavis

Posted May 04, 2014 - 10:40 PM

Have you considered contacting Rekluse and asking them?

Posted May 05, 2014 - 05:13 AM

Have you considered contacting Rekluse and asking them?

Call Rekluse as they will walk you through step by step. Whether the issue is on your end or theirs they will find it. Good guys over there and very knowledgeable of their product. I've used the Pro version on several bikes and never had an issue.

• grayracer513

Posted May 05, 2014 - 11:00 AM

There are two critically important adjustments on the Z-Start Pro.  One is the installed gap.  Too small, and the clutch will not release properly.  Too large, and the clutch can't clamp itself tight enough to avoid slippage.

The other is the lever free play.  This has to be set with the engine running and the RPM raised above the engagement point of the the clutch.  With the RPM raised, you should have 3/8 of play at the lever.  Too little, you'll cause the clutch to slip.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.