Question about bleeding rear break, and oil question 06 yz450f

7 replies to this topic
  • hod928

Posted May 01, 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hi everyone, i just picked up a 06 yz450f last week and all week i been having some new stuff coming in (tires, bars, etc. While i had the bike apart i look it down to clean it really good and took the brake line off the rear caliper. Well i was not thinking when i went to put the swing arm bolt back in and pushed down on the rear break foot lever. 

I have tried and tried to bleed the air out of the brakes. I have also filled the reservoir back up to make sure its not empty.While i have the bleeder screw open im pumping the foot lever but no fluid is coming out. Any ideas on why i cant get no fluid to come out?

And for my second question what do people recommend for oil Full synthetic? semi? Conventional? what brand? 

Thanks!

• bradgross71

Posted May 01, 2014 - 05:21 PM

Had same problem. Pump up pedal and instead of bleeding at the rear bleeder do it on the banjo bolt on the master cylinder. I

• hod928

Posted May 01, 2014 - 09:23 PM

The reservoir is the master cylinder right?

• SAthump

Posted May 01, 2014 - 09:40 PM

Pull the caliper off (keep something between the pads)

Unloop the hose

Raise the caliper so the bleed screw is truly the highest point

Then proceed with normal bleeding process

If you have friends it will be easier

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bradgross71

Posted May 02, 2014 - 04:47 AM

Trust me, banjo bolt!!

• seacraft69

Posted May 02, 2014 - 07:02 AM

Go to harbour freight and get yourself a vacuum bleeder. Cost around $20 for a decent one and will save you time and aggregation.

• bradgross71

Posted May 03, 2014 - 03:13 PM

Did ya get it?

• hod928

Posted May 03, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Did ya get it?

Yes and no, My yzf master come to find out has a very small crack in the master cylinder cap allowing air in (weird how it just started affecting it after i allowed air in..but anyways) we were able to mount a old 90's honda master cylinder on no problem and it worked just fine so im running that until my new cap gets in.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.