melted riding pants

5 replies to this topic
  • wnut426

Posted January 13, 2002 - 07:42 PM

hi guys just wondering if any one has some idaes on how to stop melting my rideing pants on my header pipe wile im out rideing,im running an fmf header pipe on my 2000 yzf426 so it is easer to do filter changes and ideas would be great cheeres

• cwisa

Posted January 13, 2002 - 08:10 PM

If you get pants that go inside your boots you can avoid that problem.

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 14, 2002 - 03:13 AM

I am assuming you are running an aftermarket pipe...???

I am trying to use my stock header pipe heat shield to stick on my FMF Power Bomb header.

I toasted my new Sinisalo's on my header pipe as well.

Someone on the WR site mentioned a "universal" header heat shield he purchassed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdad

Posted January 14, 2002 - 03:35 AM

This may be viewed harder to do than say, fabricating a heat shield by some but...
My son had the same problem with an aftermarket pipe on his TTR. Instead of trying to fab a heat shield for the pipe, I got some thermal wrap (the stuff sold to wrap car headers) and sewed it to the section of pant leg that was contacting the header. Maybe not considered stylish by some, but effective. Keep in mind that the thermal wrap I got came in a large sheet, not the rolled stuff. If you go this route you may need to let the wife (or mother) for some of you younger guys
advise on how to work with this stuff. Maybe you could even get them to do it for you. Obviously, mine didn't think this important enough to warrant any more involvement than helpful advise!

• yzrider

Posted January 14, 2002 - 11:21 AM

Familliar problem for 4 strokers! The new Thor Core4 and the Moose XCR pants both have leather patches on the inside of the legs for just this purpose. The XCR pants are some of the best I have ever seen.

• freestyle111

Posted January 14, 2002 - 12:51 PM

the easiest way to solve problem is bring them to cleaners and have leather patch sewn on area that gets burned.i finally got tried of ruining my pants and had it done.its cheap my cleaners only charged me $15 for each pair of pants.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.