Best upgrade for cooling system

2 replies to this topic
  • rhinoracin

Posted April 30, 2014 - 08:55 PM

Wondering what would be the best cooling system upgrade(s) for my YZ, because I mostly ride in the desert and now it's getting hotter. I already have Engine Ice coolant, and might get a higher pressure rad. cap. I'm thinking about a Boyesen supercooler kit and/or bigger radiators. What will be the most effective? Do these upgrades work good together?

I dont really want a radiator fan. How good are the mishimoto radiators? http://www.mishimoto...owersports.html

Also, are there any carbon fiber/higher pressure radiator caps for the YZ450? Like this doesn't say what bikes it fits...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Vernsker

Posted April 30, 2014 - 09:30 PM

Both the supercooler kit and oversized rads work awesome together. I used this combo with a set of fluidyne oversized radiators and they did extremely well for cooling my big bore woods bike. I would start by upgrading the water pump since its cheaper than buying new radiators.

• G-BRO

Posted May 01, 2014 - 05:13 AM

I also recommend the Fluidyne oversize radiators if you decide to go that direction. I put them on my YZ426 and noticed a big difference in hotter riding conditions. I'm currently running a stock water pump with Engine Ice coolant.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.