wr450 jetting and mapping question

2 replies to this topic
  • 12wr450

Posted April 30, 2014 - 03:58 AM

I live in Indiana at 800ft above sea level my friend and I r planing a trip to Colorado were wanting to know what kind of jetting and maps we should run? looking at riding up to 11000ft The bikes we have are as follows
2012 wr450 air box boot pulled and a gytr slip on
2011 wr450 slip on pipe not sure of brand air box boot pulled

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 30, 2014 - 05:19 AM

You should go down a pilot and main jet size on the '11, assuming they are correct now.

On the '12, re-set the ECU settings by warming up the bike for 3 min, then shutting it off for 1, then starting it back up for 1 min without touching the throttle (at all in any way) so the senors can re-acclimate.

• 12wr450

Posted April 30, 2014 - 05:48 AM

Ok thanks

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.