how much oil is too much oil.

4 replies to this topic
  • Nicky_A

Posted April 27, 2014 - 08:03 AM

called (east coast customs ) don't like them at all they are a dealer out of Trenton. anyway..lol when I check my oil is was passacly all the way to the top... ( 01 wr426) called and the tech at the shop said it is fine to have oil about an inche from coming out? I know with cars its different.

please help nick!

• bradgross71

Posted April 27, 2014 - 10:38 AM

You don't want to go by what you see, you want to go by volume. I think your bike holds 1.5 qts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eRRmmm

Posted April 27, 2014 - 01:04 PM

Read the manual

http://www.yamahaown...NG-28199-30.pdf

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 27, 2014 - 06:21 PM

Never use the dipstick for anything but checking levels down the road.

Always measure the oil going in, and always remove all plugs and dip sticks when draining.

DO IT YOURSELF

• flyandride

Posted April 27, 2014 - 09:25 PM

If you over fill it, it will puke the excess out the vent hose.  Done it on both of mine.  

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.