new tires ! the 70/30 perilli arent working in mud and sand

2 replies to this topic
  • Nicky_A

Posted April 27, 2014 - 07:46 AM

so when I got my bike I put the 70 30 perilli tires on there .they are great for the road but not good in dirt mud ect. I was wondering what is the best/ strongest tire I can possible get with the knobs to grib great. im not looking for street tires, im looking for tires that come on the bike if not them something better.

help! nick

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 27, 2014 - 06:22 PM

What model tire are you talking about

• Navaho6

Posted April 28, 2014 - 10:35 AM

Most of the tires marketed as dual sport tires don't work at all in sand and mud.   My favorite tire for the last few years has been the Kenda 760 Trackmaster on the rear.  I have two front wheels for my 450EXC.  My hard terrain/rock/asphalt set-up is a Pirelli XCMH front.  I use a Pirelli MXMS on the other front wheel for soft terrain.   Been running these two combos for the last few years. I ride 80 - 90% offroad.

Edited by Navaho6, April 28, 2014 - 10:37 AM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.