Yz426 refuses to start, it has fire,gas,&compression

3 replies to this topic
  • Newfie Bullet

Posted April 27, 2014 - 03:30 AM

I have a 00 YZ426f that refuses to start. Last time I rode the bike it worked fine, I loaded in the truck and went home..... Since then it won't start. Usually the kick start will travel completely to the foot peg, but now stops 2 or 3 inches higher as if something was binding the motor....inspected plug, has fire, carb is throwing gas like its supposed to... I took of head to inspect valves, valve function... Seems perfect. With head off kickstart travels right to the foot peg as normal.... Piston rings and crank operation seem flawless....

Upon reassembly, ensured timing is right(as per manual) but same thing, won't start, won't make an exhaust sound, kickstart will NOT travel full range of motion again, still stopping short 3 inches from foot peg.....

PLEASE help! Any comments/thoughts are welcome.

• 90atk

Posted April 27, 2014 - 06:50 AM

well it seems like you covered all the bases. does it have good compression?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bradgross71

Posted April 27, 2014 - 01:19 PM

I would remove the plug, kick over a bunch of times then install a new plug

• Newfie Bullet

Posted May 07, 2014 - 06:23 AM

Plug was changed first thing...... Yeah compression is good, too good. Seems that unless decomp is pressed, the kickstart doesn't travel right to the foot peg. What I'm wondering is if the CDI was acting up and the bike isn't firing when is should and the unburned gas vapours creating too much pressure to kick completely over?!?!?!

Soooooo frustrating....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.