Quick clutch question

1 reply to this topic
  • dan_zombie

Posted April 25, 2014 - 10:42 AM

Just finish reassembling my 2004 wr450 and have a quick question. The clutch lever has no resistance/ return what so ever. I just filled the engine with oil but have not yet started the bike. I know that it has a wet clutch so will the oil pressure distribution return the clutch tension or am I missing something? Double checked the manual and everything looks correct.

Thanks for the help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 25, 2014 - 12:58 PM

You have a mechanical clutch.

Oil is irrelevant.

You probably did not set the actuator arm in correctly, or you forgot the install the push rod or throw out bearing.

Did the clutch cover go on yet? If not, you have not aligned the three gears to the clutch basket gear.

DO NOT START THE MOTOR till you fix this

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick, April 25, 2014 - 01:00 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.