WR250/450 free upgrades

2 replies to this topic
  • jn2jhavens

Posted January 17, 2004 - 01:49 PM

I am wondering what are the free upgrades that are offered with these bikes. I went to the yamaha shop the other day and asked and they told me that they had no idea what I was talking about. Just wondering what the upgrades are and how they affect the bike. Any info would be great, I am looking at possibly getting an 04 wr250 or 450. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Machster

Posted January 17, 2004 - 07:02 PM

Well...as far as the ones I know of...
Remove the airbox snorkel
replace the rear baffle with a new freer flowing one or a new can altogether
Cut the gray wire
Rejet per specs found throuout this forum
Good luck!
:)

• mtrablue

Posted January 17, 2004 - 07:20 PM

they aren't upgrades that might come in a box. they are free modifcations. the bike is very choked up when stock. you might have to buy a couple jets. i'd be suprised if your dealer didn't know about the gray wire, throttle stop, air box baffle, and exhaust tip. there is a heck of a bike hiding in there!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.