rumors about 14oz. flywheel weights???

3 replies to this topic
  • kc_husky

Posted January 13, 2002 - 09:20 AM

Another question about flywheel weights. I have gone though the search files and still do not have the answer I'm looking for. I have heard that the 14oz. weights are causing premuture crank bearing wear. Is this true? Are any of you using the 14oz. and if so how long have you used them and how hard do you ride. As always thanks in advance.

• txthumper

Posted January 13, 2002 - 02:08 PM

i dunno about the 14 ounce...i race cross country and run a 12 ounce on my bike..havent had any trouble...cant see no reason for a weight any heavier..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dsp426

Posted January 13, 2002 - 03:36 PM

i run my gearing 13/50 no weight.never have a stalling problem.i was staling like crazy withe the stock gearing,i ride mostly woods.

• Roostn67

Posted January 14, 2002 - 09:53 AM

I run a Steahly 14oz flywheel for woods riding here in Colorado. I've had it for a year now. I've raced the Pikes Peak Hillclimb, Flat Tracked, ridden tracks, and trail riden with it on. Up to now I have not had one issue with it. It really made my bike come alive and much more fun for me to ride. Now, I'm not an awesome rider either. I'm an intermediate trail rider with no motocross racing experience.

Roostn in Denver

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.