Won't stay running and pops

9 replies to this topic
  • YZbumblebee

Posted April 24, 2014 - 04:26 PM

So I put new rear pads and brake master cylinder on the old girl to see what it feels like to have rear brakes. Get dressed and come back out and my daughter had managed to knock it over. Gas was leaking out stood it up and let it set for a hour. I managed to get it started but needed to give it throttle to keep it going. Let it set for another hour got her going again and let her idle on the choke to warm up had some popping didn't sound like before it went down. Then just died real clean did slow studded just dead. Any thoughts. I just rebuilt the carb about 2 hours worth of riding ago it was running perfect. Thoughts?

• YZbumblebee

Posted April 25, 2014 - 10:59 AM

Wow no one want to touch this one huh lol.

• crf917rider

Posted April 25, 2014 - 01:31 PM

Maybe the float is stuck ?

• YZbumblebee

Posted April 25, 2014 - 01:41 PM

Thanks I was thinking carb and hoping not to have to pull it apart.

• seacraft69

Posted April 25, 2014 - 01:44 PM

Maybe stirred up some crap in the tank and clogged the pilot circuit. Does choke help?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZbumblebee

Posted April 25, 2014 - 02:32 PM

Brand new tank 2 rides ago when I cleaned the carb last. I'll pull the carb this weekend.

• Mtrain730

Posted April 25, 2014 - 03:13 PM

Be careful I don't know how young your daughter is but a bike falling on a kid would not be pretty. Sorry I know this doesn't help your problem I just couldn't help it I have a 4 and a 3 year old and a big heavy 450. Good luck.

• YZbumblebee

Posted April 25, 2014 - 06:43 PM

Agreed thanks

• DGXR

Posted April 29, 2014 - 02:13 PM

I say turn off the gas and let it sit for a day or two and try it again.  If that doesn't work, before pulling the carb, try tipping the bike over in the opposite direction it fell and tap on the carb body with something non-damaging, this might loosen up a stuck float as crf917rider said.  It's worth a try and will save you from pulling the carb if it works.

• YZbumblebee

Posted April 29, 2014 - 02:30 PM

Good idea I'll try that tonight its been sitting for 3 days.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.