2000 wr400 signal wiring help/stator

No replies to this topic
  • nproud

Posted April 23, 2014 - 07:30 AM

Hello everyone, 

First off ive been reading forum after forum about wiring dual sport kits and signals and so on and have only become more confused.

So i have a stock 2000 wr400, no battery with head light and tail light and i just got a headlight assembly with signals from  a junkyard that has everything i need. it has a circuit board that connects everything and also has a small constant battery and a regulator built in, also had ignition but i took that off as the lock has no key, so i clipped the connector off the stock headlight switch and used that to connect power to the new system. when i start the bike and try the signals and lights, nothing happens. so my question is how do i properly draw power from the stator, do i have to bypass the stock regulator? how does this work without a battery?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.