Fork oil question

3 replies to this topic
  • mmbasa

Posted January 16, 2004 - 11:20 PM

I have an 02 WR426 and I am changing my fork oil. I am setting the level at 4 1/2 from the top and I have already gone through 32onces of fluid and the second leg isn't even full yet. does this sound right, do I use this much fluid.

• HaremScarem

Posted January 17, 2004 - 02:50 AM

32 oz's Sounds way to much. When you set the oil level, make sure the spring is removed. Compress the upper tube fully down. Fill the oil to the top of the upper tube and cycle the control rod at least 10x to fill the cartridge. Top off the oil again to the top and cycle the outer tube, no more than a 6" stroke, a few times. Measure from the top of the outer tube, FULLY COMPRESSED, and set your level. You should probably let your forks sit for a hour, before adjusting the level, so any bubbles can rise to the top.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tctrailrider

Posted January 17, 2004 - 05:22 AM

I have an 02 WR426 and I am changing my fork oil. I am setting the level at 4 1/2 from the top and I have already gone through 32onces of fluid and the second leg isn't even full yet. does this sound right, do I use this much fluid.

Just completed an oil change in mine and used a little over a quart between the two, so you sound right to me.

• mmbasa

Posted January 17, 2004 - 06:00 PM

Yeah that's what I got when I finished up. Too bad I only bought one bottle and had to do the mad scramble this morning for more before I went riding. Forks sure do feel nice now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.