Rox 2 inch risers from CRF'sOnly 

Highway Dirt Bikes ultimate hand guards with mirrors in black and I also bought my ProTaper Contour 1 & 1/8 fat bars from them pre-drilled ... standard top plate 106mm 

But you can upgrade to ones that have places for switches and/or power points etc .... 

http://goo.gl/20QEYR

So the correct CRF250l pattern is 106x40/38 for HDB top clamp?

I think i am going to order the HDB guards and ProTaper fat bars with the standard top plate.

Probably the same setup you have with the Rox risers.

How to you like bend of the new bars compared to the stock bars? I might need something with a bit more rise than the Carmichael.

• Like 1

I think i am going to order the HDB guards and ProTaper fat bars with the standard top plate.

How to you like bend of the new bars compared to the stock bars? I might need something with a bit more rise than the Carmichael.

The correct size for 100% stock is 100x40/38.

If you have risers it's generally 106x40/38. Although it's usually a pretty tight fit.

I used 106x40/38 with the Rox risers and you have the ability to slide them in or out a little as needed .... when considering what bend to choose I say just keep in mind that the Rox risers will add 2 inches by themselves so .... a bar 2 inches lower from stock would still have the same overall height. 

Carmichael bend worked for me as I am only 5'8 and if the were a 1/2 in taller or so I would still be okay with that. I was concerned with them being too tall when I went with the Rox risers .... but, my plan was to create enough room to install a sub mounted Scotss damper. 

So the correct pattern if i'm going to slap the HDB top plate on a rox 2" riser would be the 106?

That is what is on my bike .... but the 100 still may have fit

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

I used 106x40/38 with the Rox risers and you have the ability to slide them in or out a little as needed .... when considering what bend to choose I say just keep in mind that the Rox risers will add 2 inches by themselves so .... a bar 2 inches lower from stock would still have the same overall height. 

Carmichael bend worked for me as I am only 5'8 and if the were a 1/2 in taller or so I would still be okay with that. I was concerned with them being too tall when I went with the Rox risers .... but, my plan was to create enough room to install a sub mounted Scotss damper. 

That is what is on my bike .... 

I'm 5'6" so the carmichael bend might be fine. Anything has to be better than the stock bars.

Did you cut your bars off any?

• Like 1

I'm 5'6" so the carmichael bend might be fine. Anything has to be better than the stock bars.

Did you cut your bars off any?

No I did not .... I left them the full width. 

I really love my bar setup with the damper and the pillow top grips with the bend I went with for me .... They are really strong and very comfortable. 

when I decided on my bend I wanted the less sweep as I could get ... with you being shorter than I .. I know you would be okay with my setup but, even if you went a little taller I'm sure you would still like it. 

If you look at all those sizes in the bar charts ... most of them are pretty close to each other. 

No I did not .... I left them the full width. 

I really love my bar setup with the damper and the pillow top grips with the bend I went with for me .... They are really strong and very comfortable. 

when I decided on my bend I wanted the less sweep as I could get ... with you being shorter than I .. I know you would be okay with my setup but, even if you went a little taller I'm sure you would still like it. 

If you look at all those sizes in the bar charts ... most of them are pretty close to each other. 

To many choices on bar sizes....Dammit!

I've been comparing measurements using the Zeta simulator

http://www.zeta-racing.com/handlebar/players/sim3.html

How much height did you gain with the 2" Rox risers, and lower height pro tapers, over stock bars?

I'm thinking maybe the Henry/Reed bend for me.

Edited by Force0321

To many choices on bar sizes....Dammit!

I've been comparing measurements using the Zeta simulator

http://www.zeta-racing.com/handlebar/players/sim3.html

How much height did you gain with the 2" Rox risers, and lower height pro tapers, over stock bars?

I am just guessing here as I never measured the before and after but, swapping out the stock setup for a 2 inch Rox risers with ProTaper contour Carmichael bend ...  I believe are about 1 inch higher than stock was....  :excuseme:

They feel perfect to me  (5'8)  when standing up in an aggressive/attack position. I really did not want mine to be too tall. Now if I stood up and rode for miles and miles like that I may have wanted them another inch higher. But I ride street and single track in the woods with some mild MX track stuff once in awhile...  ?

It is just a personal choice you must make a decision on for yourself and I do not think you can go wrong. I know you can go with 2 inch Rox with KX High bend bars and still have enough cable slack to make it work. You may just need to reroute a little. 

For me the sweep number was most important ...  :prof:

These pic's show better how high they are .... maybe a little more than an inch over stock ...  :thinking:

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

Thanks for the pictures. They help alot!

That bend looks perfect!

Now, just have to figure out a way to talk the wife outta the cash.

Hmm...Maybe if i just lay it down and bend my old bars.

" Honey I was just driving along and a deer ran out in front of me.I had to lay it down to avoid hitting the poor animal"

Yup, that will work!

• Like 2

Thanks for the pictures. They help alot!

That bend looks perfect!

Now, just have to figure out a way to talk the wife outta the cash.

Hmm...Maybe if i just lay it down and bend my old bars.

" Honey I was just driving along and a deer ran out in front of me.I had to lay it down to avoid hitting the poor animal"

Yup, that will work!

Heck the stock bars are so bad I think you can just push it over in the garage ....  ?

I filled the hole with this .....  ?

post-327736-13943047855709.jpg

Edited by gnath9

Xmas is way to far off! Must have bars NOW!

if gnath would stop posting sexy farkle pictures here, I wouldn't have this problem!

He has cost and saved me money so i call it a wash--XMas is better than "Never"--I almost bent mine last week--Only a mirror tho!!

• Like 2

OK, I have set and read every post on here and I'm more confused than when I started. My front end is jacked from crashing Thursday and I rode 80 miles of forest and the whole Cherohala Skyway with the bars at about a 20 degree angle.As bad as my shoulder was hurting it was better to have my right arm closer to me anyway. I used to have a Polaris Outlaw that I bought a bar isolator from a snowmobile company on it.Took all the vibes out of the grips and eliminated half the kick back if you caught an edge with one wheel.Now that I have a gimped up shoulder to go with the hardware store in my right wrist I may try to track down those guys again.

• Like 1