2006 WR 450F Electrical Issues

21 replies to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted June 19, 2014 - 07:44 PM

You guys do realize that one of those two fuses is a spare and is not connected to anything, right?

Now don't I feel silly

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RIP_PonyExpress

Posted June 22, 2014 - 02:48 PM

Got the bike back from the shop after the wiring harness was replaced.  They indicated that the harness was crushed by my 6.5 gallon tank.  So, Friday, I went for a ride, got about 50 miles out and stalled the bike.  The electrical starter was working (hey an improvement), but it would not fire.  Tried to kick, no start.  I was near a hill and pushed it up.  Tried to bump start.  No start.  Pushed higher up the hill, tried to bump, no luck.  Pushed even higher and tried a 3rd gear bump.  It took off after quite a ways of rolling over.  Drove the bike home.  I suspect the wire harness probably has the grey wire intact now, and I am running rich. 

At this point I am not sure if I want to cut the wire, or adjust the jetting to stock in the carburator.  One thing is for sure, I am tired of working on this problem, and have lost confidence on this bikes reliability.  Anyway, Saturday, I bought a KTM 450 XC-W.  Still have my WR, but its going to sit for awhile while I go riding. 

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.