Aftermarket carb upgrade

2 replies to this topic
  • W1ngNut30

Posted April 16, 2014 - 06:22 AM

Is there or were there any upgrade from the keihin flat cr carburator that came stock in the 2000 WR400F? If so where may i find one, how much do they run, and will it be better than the flat cr?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 17, 2014 - 05:20 AM

The 2003-2011 Keihin FCR CR/MX  carb is what you are looking for.

The Yamaha WR carbs are different than the YZ, Honda and Kawi versions, but those carbs work fine too.

They are all over e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/...b4cdb52&vxp=mtr

• Asondrup

Posted April 17, 2014 - 04:11 PM

I fitted a 2007 YZF450 on my old 98' WR400F no worries there fits right on, runs like BRAAP! need new gas cable and you need to move your hotstart to your handlebar since the hot start is not on the carb itself anymore. but your bike should and will run without the hot start.  

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.