yzf 450 oil change

1 reply to this topic
  • crandeezy

Posted April 15, 2014 - 07:06 PM

Being the newbie that i am, i began an oil change on my recent purchase of a yzf 450 2008, i read through the owners manual, with the filter change the bike will need 1000 cc's or 1 liter of oil, well during the oil change both drain plug outlets were continuously dripping, to speed up the process, i tilted the bike to the side, the oil ran  out quickly. i then realized i had heard someone say that 200cc's will never be drained from the bike even in an oil change, the only time you add 1200 cc's is when you do a complete rebuild of the engine. So now i am stuck as to how much oil to put back in the bike, after i leaned the bike over to get the oil to drain quicker, help a novice out here!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • suzuki son of a bitch

Posted April 15, 2014 - 07:49 PM

Let it drain till it almost stops dripping, or completely stops. Then add what your manual says. 1 liter seems right

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.